Friday, April 25, 2008

Dreams to Dream, In the Dark of the Night

Last night I had a dream. I found myself in a desert called, "Cyberland." Ok, just kidding.

Last night I had a dream. I was all alone in the old home that we lived in on Orchard Dr in Oregon. My grandparents lived on the same street as my family did, at the end of the road. I was in bed, and my intution told me to deadbolt the door. I walked to the front door and as I locked it, the lock turned the other way: somebody was breaking in.

I held my breath and let the door swing open, hoping they wouldn't close it and I could hide behind the door. The robbers ran down the hallway where I would have been sleeping. I slipped out the front door and ran barefoot all the way to my grandparent's house where my whole family was staying. It was the middle of the night, but my dad was still up. I kept ringing the doorbell over and over. He answered the door and calmed me down and we called 911 and then I woke up, drenched in sweat, and scared.

I just want all this stuff to pass quickly. This year has been something else.

No comments: