Thursday, December 4, 2008

Excuse me while I re-program my brain....

For the past oh, probably two and a half years now, I've been on the road to self-discovery and personal growth and awareness. I've laughed, I've cried, I've thrown things and I've felt so many things. I had a breakthrough the other day, and it has nothing to do with spirituality.

FACT: (I've been watching wayyy too much of the office lately) I've been trying to make myself happy by fixing every external circumstance that I knew how. I understood the concept that you have to "change" what's on the inside for that to reflect in your outer world, but I didn't truly know how to practice it or apply it to my mind. I tried meditating, I tried praying, I tried dieting, I tried exercise...nothing was making a lasting difference that lasted long. Sure, I'd have breakthroughs and inspirations, but then I'd eventually fall back into my old ways of being. In these moments of inspiration I'd run around like a crazy woman trying to convince everyone I loved that this was the way to be, because I was so elated. When I find something that works, I want to share it with everyone.

But then I would fall back into this weird space of self-doubt, anxiety, and uncomfortability. Whyyyy would I keep doing this? Because that's how I have allowed my brain to be programmed.

Dr. Rob gave me this book to read that a lot of chiropractors read to clear out their own personal junk to build a successful practice. I started reading it and I was blown away. It was all the stuff I had read about in spiritual books and things of that nature, but the difference was that this was all science based. When you talk about right and left brain activity and the way the subconscious mind works, you literally program and re-program yourself. It's like you are a little computer and you can program your reality.

For example, Say you were in a relationship that broke your heart. Subconsciously, you are telling yourself that you have a broken heart. Your left brain is going to deliver you situations that break your heart until you have re-programmed yourself to be open and receptive to love. It's all based on your perception. So, if you meet someone wonderful and open to love and you are subconsciously putting out there that you are broken, what do you think will happen? Since your command center has experienced that "high" of love before and then got hurt, your autonomic system will say to you, "this is how it happened before, you know no other way of being, you will get hurt." It has NOTHING to do with anything but how you have programmed yourself into being.

I have realized that my brain has been programmed by many external forces, like many of us. Our parents, teachers, experiences, etc program us to be how we are today. But we CAN change it. It just takes practice and dedication...and it's proven. Maybe this isn't all a spiritual experience after all...maybe it's just what is. Maybe it's just how the human mind works....but my question is...where does it all come from? If we are all part of a big bang or something created us, then wouldn't we all be interconnected anyway? We'd have the same molecular formations and energy inside of us?

I've realized that I've allowed myself to be programmed so much, mostly by my parents. But what they say and think just isn't TRUE! But I believe it. Take a moment and think of all the times someone has said something about you and you've taken it to be true....

It's like I've been an actor these past few years, trying to find somewhere that I fit and belong....because that's what I believe about myself. That I don't belong, and boy does my left brain find me evidence for that. So, the answer is not going around trying to find someone to love me, or something to belong to, it's actually about going with-in and re-training my brain to believe I belong. The mind doesn't know the difference between something real and something vividly imagined. I feel this is why some people can lose their mind...which brings me to my next point....

Since working at Pro-Health I've just had a ridiculous amount of coincidences....the other day, Dr. Rob and I were talking about parallel universes. Now, mind you, this is coming from a man who has more science and medical training that your family physician probably does. We were talking about it and then that night, I went to a friends house and there was a show on about it. Then I went to my parents house last night and my sister tells me she and Sonny were talking about it at that same time. WTF? How does this happen? It's wayyyy to coincidental...and then I thought...well, wouldn't I just be bringing that experience to me because that's what I'm focused on? If we can truly reprogram our minds, we are capable of unbelievable possibilities. Anway, Dr. Rob thinks that you might be able to subconsciously experience a parallel universe and yeah, that can make someone lose their mind. It's cool to think about.... I'm not sure what I think about it yet, but there are some very good evidence based cases out there.

Anyway, I think it's amazing. I feel like I have this missing peice of the pie. You create your own reality by what you believe about yourself and your environment. It's really all about the internal networking and programming we have. You can't make a mac run windows without the proper software...so how could you expect someone who doesn't know that they don't know to do what's out of their perspective? They need a software update.

It's easy to see why actors become their characters....when the brain doesn't know the difference between a vivid imagination and real life, it gets confused? So...is that why Brad Pitt takes off with Angelina Jolie? Is it why Heath Ledger went nuts?? Could be, might not be...but interesting to think about. Do people that spend that much time in another character have any idea of what is them and what is the character? Maybe that's why some people are so great at it...they never spend time being themselves. Is that why Britney Spears went crazy? How can you separate that in the brain?

I've been acting like a victim, like the light got sucked out of me. Like life isn't fair. That's what my parents taught me. Well, no more. I understand the science behind this and I'm determined to do the work so that I catch myself every time I fall and I replace the old way of thinking with new affirmations. It can be taught. It can be done. Who knows, I might already have done this on a parallel universe! ;)But you know, if you can get out of your left brain....why is it that we have this spark and connection and things we can't explain about how we connect with others? Are we living a different life on a different plane and the only thing keeping us unaware of it is our brain? Or is it Divine Intervention? Or Batman?

I think what will make me an excellent doctor in about 6 years is that I will help create possibilities for my patients that they haven't even thought of yet.

7 comments:

jordan said...

Reprogramming your brain is exactly what Holosync does.

mle428 said...

I am going through the same re-programing...I am not the naughty troublemaker that my parents always made me out to be.

Jess Dragonfly said...

The only thing about Holosync is that is an external force...it's outside of you. I understand the concept of it, however, do you know what it's really programming? I mean, why then, when you "up" it as you say, do you become socially paralyzed...or does it just make it that way around me? I don't know if that seems like something is helping if that's what is occuring. I know we've both experienced what could be called an out of body experience on holosync, but is it really reprogramming you to think and react differently, or is it just making you more conscious of what is already there? Hmmm...something to think about.

Yay Em!!! You're going to change the world!

jordan said...

It increases the communication and cooperation between the hemispheres of the brain. That brings about increased awareness, which is the key, and positive changes come about naturally as a result of that.

The tradeoff to having this process accelerated is that it requires some adaptation at the beginning of each cycle because it's pushing your nervous system past its threshold of comfort. It's the same concept as exercise. At the end of each cycle you're better off than you were at the end of the last.

Jess Dragonfly said...

What I'm saying is that if it increases "awareness" well, what exactly is awareness? Wouldn't it just be what it is to you? Because your brain wouldn't know how to access anything that isn't programmed into it already right? OR is this coming from another source? Programming your brain to react to a higher vibration? To resonate with Universal Intelligence?

So how can it make things different? Wouldn't it just make you aware of what is already there? Kind of like what I was telling you about what happened to me in Intuitve Guidance...just making you aware of it from your subconscious... Wouldn't you have to actually insert new information or change a habitual pattern to see a difference? I'm not trying to argue, I was just thinking about that today.....

I was thinking to myself, well if a certain situation happens, say rejection and you tell yourself "You suck, you're no good, you're awful" and the voice in your head programs that into your brain as how to react in the face of rejection, then how would holosync fix that? Would it just make you more aware of the memories when you have done that and make you aware of why you do that? Or does it actually create a change? The way I understand it is that you'd have to introduce a new way of being. So, you'd have to do affirmations for example to reprogram your brain to not react in that way when you are rejected. It seems like, the way I understand it, is catching yourself when you behave a certain way and correcting it. Just some thoughts...it's so interesting to me.



You know what makes my nervous system crazy? Being overstimulated and in a noisy, crowded, awful bar. I don't know when I'm going to learn....geez.

jordan said...

This explains it pretty well: It’s all about awareness…

Jess Dragonfly said...

That's a really cool article. I get it. I think we were calling the same thing different words. We do that a lot don't we? Hmmm....I wonder if our "awareness" will ever be in sync?