Thursday, August 23, 2007

Lights Will Guide You Home

Today I had a really nice experience with a friend I recently met. I had emailed out a mass email today in hopes of finding a renter for the place.

She responded by telling me that she will send it out and visualize happy new renters enjoying the space, and also said she'll be holding a space for me as I go through everything that I am right now. My skin is breaking out like crazy and so much stuff is coming up to the surface. As I make these changes, I know this will happen....it's the darkness before the dawn...transition.

I was chatting to my brother about it and I was telling him I didn't understand, I was eating much better, taking care of myself and all the while my skin keeps getting worse. He told me, that stuff is inside you and it has to be released somehow. I guess that makes sense. Here's to clearing....


While I was reading the email from my friend, I heard Coldplays' "Fix You," in my head. I have to admit, I just had a little emotional moment. That song has special meaning to me. Last year my sister's dance team did a flashlight dance to that song and it really got to me emotionally. "Lights Will Guide You Home." That was the last time I saw my Grandpa alive.

It gives me faith, it makes me remember that we can't do everything on our own and reaching out, although scary, helps us and it helps others. That email really turned my day around and I think it shows that when things get intense or sticky, having a support group is super important. I guess I'm just a really lucky girl. I know this to be true.

No comments: