Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm 28 today.....

I'm 28 today, and I'm in awe.

I'm in awe because life is so amazing. It sounds so cliche, but I never in a million years thought I'd be where I am right now. I expected to be married to my college boyfriend and expected to be a journalist. Sometimes the Universe has a bigger plan, and the joke is, you don't get to see the whole picture.

I've learned in these past few weeks to take things one day at a time. It's much easier to live in each moment instead of looking in a rear view mirror, or hoping tomorrow has a better promise for you. "There's only us, there's only this."

I'm 28 today and I'm letting go of expectations. I'm letting parts of me come back that had left a long time ago. I'm finding all these parts that weren't really "me", only ways of fitting in, are falling apart and falling away. Why is it that things sometimes have to fall apart to gain clarity and perspective?

I feel amazingly grounded in who I am today. I feel a great amount of peace that everything will work itself out and will be alright. I feel anchored in faith and supported completely. Sometimes things must fall apart to see what is truly there. Sometimes there is a purpose, sometimes there is a reason. But there is always faith. I know lights will guide me home.

I'm 28 today and I don't need to know. I can surrender. This is a new thing for me. With the brevity of life, each obstacle overdriven.

I'm surrounded by love, beauty, awareness and truth. What's meant to be will always find a way, no matter how murky it gets. Everything will be bright and shiny again when you can polish your own soul.

No comments: