Thursday, June 19, 2008

The answers can be so easy

I did a raw food cleanse last week for about five days. I wasn't perfect on it, but I felt incredible. My abdomen puffiness went away, I lost a few pounds and felt great clarity. While my body was detoxing, I wanted sugar like none other. It was awful. It's so interesting to me how we abuse our bodies and then our bodies crave the addictive substance. It's simple science really, but it makes me wonder, if we know the consequences, why do we put it into our systems in the first place? It's a deep seated emotional issue.

I want to give it another whirl soon. A night of PMS craziness occurred and I was making home-made mac and cheese pizza and cinnamon rolls. Man, did my system love me after that. The thing I love best after a cleansing diet is the emotional and psychological clarity. The physiological effects are wonderful too, but you can't beat the clarity.

I'm a big fan of David Wolfe's work, especially the Sunfood Diet book. He talks of all the emotional issues with food and how the raw food diet works. It heals the body, inside and outside of ourselves. It removes all the crap (literally) so we can feel and see and be excited about being alive. 

No comments: