Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Peaceful Day

I have such a soft spot in my heart for old men. There is such a gentleness and peacefulness energetically flowing from a life well lived.

I sat by the lake today, enjoying the water and natural beauty. I had the blessing of four geese and ten goslings swimming up to the shore about 15 feet away from me. SO AWESOME! I watched them until they swam away, looking for their next adventure. There's nothing better to me than a day by the water. It just does something magical to me and it feels so wonderful to be alive.

The old gentleman walked up with his lunch to and sat down at the far picnic table. He wore a white baseball cap to protect his head from the sun. I watched him eat his meal in silence. There was just somthing about his energy-so very docile and serene. I wondered if he'd lost his wife or if he was just taking some alone time. Perhaps he had never married. People this this always have such stores-I can tell.

I think of my own life and everything that has happened in less than thirty years on this planet. I can't imagine what 85 years would feel like. I wonder what is going through his mind. I think you would eventually get to this place in old age where you are just surrendering and accepting everything that comes your way. I hope he's enjoying the present moment and looking back on a life well lived. 

I want to marry a man that sits by the lake to eat his lunch on a beautiful day. Namaste. 

1 comment:

S|A|R|A|H said...

definitely a ditto on that point.
smiley face.