Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Eye Contact

Have you ever met eyes with someone and you knew that life was never going to be the same? That was my Saturday night.

I haven't had this awesome of an energetic connection with someone since meeting my "myspace" friend at Wilson's over a year ago. This connection wasn't one of curiosity and intensity though. It was one of peace and understanding.

We were all sitting in a circle on my friend's deck. My friend was begging me to tell him about myself, stating that I was one of the coolest people she knows. He said, "She's not about that, she's a pisces. She is humble." Wow. The truth is, usually I feel like I need to fill the space with words with people, but with him, I didn't. I just wanted to sit there and surrender to this vivid inner peace that was filling my system.

I said, "I'm just really glad to have met you. I feel like I don't need to say anything." He nodded in understanding. His girlfriend too. He is madly in love with her, and it is so beautiful. It's the kind of connection that I want with someone. He said "It took me a long time to work through all of my stuff to be able to accept and receive the kind of love I wanted." BAM! There are guys out there like him. There are guys that will understand working through your own "stuff" and self awareness.

I felt like I've probably been his lover in 30 past lives. The karma was finished. Totally complete. He was there as a reminder. We talked about how we meet people, and how relationships fall away as things change. He told me you meet people at the right time. I met him at the perfect time. All the anxiety flew away. It just wasn't present. I felt no need to decide anything. All I knew, was that for the first time, it felt perfectly acceptable for me to be patient and wait and not settle for what is in front of me because it didn't feel right. All he had to do was be himself and show up. And that energetically created the space for me to be myself.

It was a beautiful spring evening, full of love, laughter and healing. His eyes were so intense, so amazing, so full of love. I have been floored by what he opened up in me. I have no idea if he'll even be a friend in this life. It doesn't really feel like he needs to be. It's just that I was so happy and so at peace to be reminded of what love really looks like. I witnessed it between the two of them and between all of us as a group.

We just got each other. He knew it. I knew it. And now I can move on in such peace. Transformation can be so amazing.

No comments: