Sunday, August 3, 2008

Did I Forget To Pick Up My Drycleaning?

For the past few weeks, I've had this overwhelming sensation that something is very "off." Not in a fearful, something really bad is going to happen way...but more of a I feel like I should be doing something or I forgot something. It's almost like I dropped of clothes and then forgot to pick them up at the cleaners. It's like I have a vague memory of something, almost like a dream you can't remember, but you know it was significant.

I went on a walk today, just trying to clear my mind and noticed how out of shape I had become from being very sedentary since my foot surgery. I'm retraining my body to walk. With new feet, everything is different. The whole walk was very nice, however it's like I have this nagging feeling that something isn't quite right.

I thought to myself and asked myself a million questions...is it love? kids? marriage? career? health? etc etc....but no....nothing really had a hit for me. I almost sat down because I felt lost, like I didn't know where I was. 

Life is just really really great right now....but something is missing. There is something that doesn't feel right, and I guess whatever it is, the only way to discover it is to look within. I keep trying to leave Madison, but it keeps not working. Is something not complete? Is there something else to do here? I know I should just meditate and relax, but something is definetely simmering.  It's almost like something was suppossed to happen in a different way, or have already happened....and it didn't....so now things are resetting themselves. But I have no clarity around WHAT or WHY or HOW or if that's even true. It just feels like I forgot to pick up my drycleaning. 

1 comment:

mle428 said...

I went through this exact thing a couple of years ago, before I left my job and moved and went back to school.

Whatever is missing will reveal itself to you shortly, and life will be all the better for it.