Saturday, August 2, 2008

Why Can't I Quit You?

Here's why:

Anytime you pump 10 teaspoons of sugar into your system at once, of course it's going to feel good. It also gives me extra weight, acne and a congested liver. Cool! I've been trying to quit Mt. Dew for years and I'm never successful. I keep going back, craving the sugar, the taste and the fizz. It's awesome. But it's also slowly killing me. I have a really sensitive system and I know part of it is all the wrong foods I put into my body.

I just got back from a movie, and of course, had a Mt. Dew. I have horrible stomach cramps and heart pain, but I've gotten used to that. Seeing these videos woke me up a bit, because I didn't realize everything that was used as an ingredient in the soda and what it would do to the body.

I don't have a degree in chemistry, but from what I've read from "Healing With Whole Foods" eating naturally is the best possible thing you can do for your body. Of course this seems like a no brainer, but once you are present to the science behind it, it really opens up your eyes. Our culture and greed has made society unhealthy, overweight and addicted to many substances. 

I hate that everything I love is so bad for me. Sad face. 

No comments: