Sunday, July 13, 2008

Where I'm at

Well, I tried and failed with the raw food cleanse. On day three, it got to be too much with all the emotions and debates with a friend, so I ate what I wanted. I have realized before how much I turn to food for comfort. I got really angry at myself and started the usual berating, but then I decided to just accept where I am at. Clearly, I'm not ready to let go my attachment of food yet. Ugh...there will be a time to try again soon. What I have been doing is starting to incorporate more raw food into my diet, taking a less drastic approach.

On a better note, my essential oil kit arrived. I've been experimenting with them and I love them!!! I read through all my materials and decided to try a few of the recommendations they had for the oils that I purchased.

First I put lemon oil in the dishwasher and all the glass came out perfect. Usually there is a gross film of detergent or food debris or something gross, but nope...with the lemon oil...clear and clean. My second experiment was with Lucy. I let her smell the lavender oil for relaxation and she was out like a light taking a nap within a few minutes.  I also put a drop of lavender on my dryer sheet and had lovely smelling towels. Another lavender favorite is putting a drop on my hand at night and then rubbing it on my pillow for relaxation.

The very very very very very BEST part of the oils is the difference in my skin. I've been using frankinscense and purification on my face for four days. All my acne is cleared up. The only thing I have still is the scarring, but it's improved quite a bit. I've tried everything on the market but accutane and have made diet changes and tried every skin care product out there, but this is the only thing that has worked. Do you know how it feels to be comfortable leaving the house without spending 20 minutes covering up my face with makeup? It feels amazing!!!! I've also been adding lemon oil to my water and I really enjoy the flavor of it. This could be part of the skin clearing up too, but all I know is that it's working and it's really helping my self confidence. Yay!

I'm excited to get my book for recipes for the oils. So far, so good. I'm very happy and excited about this new experiment in my life. 

Other than that, graduation keeps creeping up. I'm sad to leave Tibia, but I know I'll continue on in the Intutive Classes. I will really miss my class, but I know all good things come to an end eventually so that new good things have space to show up. 

Life's pretty good right now, but yet, I still feel something is "off" or "missing." Hmmm...I guess when whatever that is shows up for me, I'll know it. 

No comments: