Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Life is a Theater-Invite Your Audience Carefully

My supervisor at work is like an older brother to me, he is probably the most amazing person I have ever met. He came over here from Senegal, has six siblings and is a black belt instructor in Tae Kwon Do. He's fluent in three languages and just won the national championship in Tae Kwon Do on a sprained hamstring and ankle. I really look up to him and today he came up to me and handed me a couple of things he found that reminded me him of me.

Not only am I amazed at his accomplishments, I'm amazed more so of how much he cares about other people and does whatever he can to help and to inspire others. He told me he's been where I am at, and any time I need someone to talk to, he's there.

This is the hand out he gave to me and I thought it was really great...


Life is a Theater-Invite Your Audience Carefully

Not everyone is healthy enough to have a front row seat in our lives. There are some people in your life that need to be loved from a distance. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you let go of, or at least minimize, your time with draining, negative, incompatible, not-going-anywhere relationships/friendships.

Observe the relationships around you. Pay attention. Which ones lift and which ones lean? Which ones encourage and which ones discourage? Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which ones are going downhill? When you leave certain people do you feel better or feel worse? Which ones always have drama or dont' really understand, know or appreciate you?

The more you seek quality, respect, growth, peace of mind, love and truth around you, the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in the front row and who should be moved to the balcony of your life. "If you cannot 'change' the people around you, change the people you're around."

~Author Unknown

I've began a new meditation practice that has been very beneficial. It's about learning to meditate on your breath, only focusing on the present moment. By not living in the past or future, I feel is really going to help me focus on what I need to, and everything else will naturally fall into place. It's hard work looking within, but worth it.

No comments: