Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lunch With My First Love

My mom called me the other day to say that she found a book of mine from when I was in jr. high in the basement. She was laughing because it said, "I love Shaun forever" on it. Oh first loves....how sweet, innocent and pure.

I was just talking about him the other day to some of my girlfriends while we were reminiscing on past relationships. I felt he was the one boy I really truly just loved. It was beautiful because it was so innocent. We really just loved being with each other.

Yesterday, I randomly found my first love on myspace on my high school page. Ah myspace, the destiny of souls. He lives in Turkey and he is a paratrooper for the US army, head of his division. I had not talked to him in almost ten years, and there he was, after two conversations about him a few days earlier. How bizzare. The Law of Attraction.

We found each other at the right time because he will be in the states visiting for a month and we have a lunch date. I'm so excited to catch up with an old friend. It just goes to show you the power of the Universe.

No comments: